I am so happy that I have been in this community of Muslim bloggers for quite some time now . I am learning a lot through reading the blogs I follow, most of them are enlightening and they remind me of the things to be a better Muslimah.
I want to thank Shukrallah Blog for tagging me! I love her blog a lot and it is one of the few I am always looking forward to visit. She writes incredibly and everything is just so interesting! ( I have started reading from the old posts as well 😉)
The rules for the tag are as follows:-
* Answer the 11 questions given to you.
* Nominate and tag 11 people.
* Give 11 questions for your nominee.
Here are my answers to here questions:
1. Who inspires you?
A lot of people inspire me. My family, my husband and all the people who deal with hardships with beautiful patience and never losing trust in Allah.
2. How do you feel about Ramadan approaching?
I am so excited for Ramadan! This is will be my third Ramadan In shaa Allah. I can feel the hype of everybody here in KSA because Ramadan is just around the corner.
Alahumma ballighna Ramadan.
Oh Allah let us reach the month of Ramadan.
3. Where is your favourite place to go on a weekday afternoon when you have no plans or obligations?
Basically, living in Saudi Arabia restricts me from going out alone whenever and wherever I want unless my husband is available to drive for me. (I’m afraid of taking taxi alone and my husband will not allow it either.)
I prefer to stay in the park with my husband chitchatting and having a cup of tea while watching the children play or sitting along the Corniche looking at the sea. (if the weather permits!)
4. What is your talent?
This is a difficult question for me! Haha. I’m still in the process of discovering my “hidden” talent I guess. 😅
5. Choose an inspiration quote that always picks you up.
There is a verse in the Qur’an that I always keep in mind.
InnAllaha Ma’ As’sabireen
“Verily, Allah is with the patient” [2:153]
I chose this because life in this world is not a resting place, it is a testing place. May Allah grant me and all the Muslims patience in everything. Ya Rabb!
6. Which would be harder to give up, tea or coffee?
I kinda gave up drinking coffee after being married to an Arab who prefers tea and hates coffee! Now, I’m in love with tea though I will still drink coffee once or twice a month. (from twice a day!)
7. Is there a book or documentary that really changed the way you thought about something?
After reading the stories of Prophet Muhammad SAW, the stories of the Prophets AS, The biography of Umar Ibn Al Khattab RA and Abu Bakar RA, I realized who am I to complain of petty things and whine over nonsense stuff. I am far from being like these righteous people, but knowing their lives made realize that the challenges I am facing now are nothing compared to what they’ve been to. Their stories are reminding to have patience, never to loose trust in Allah and to bear a good character always.
8. What’s more important to you, your home or your career?
I gave up my career and I miss it sometimes (when I feel bored haha) but I am happy giving my full time to my husband. Alhamdulillah for everything! ❤️
9. How long have you been blogging for?
I used to blog nonsense things 10 years ago when I was still studying but I have forgotten about it. Recently I decided to start blogging out of boredom! Eventually, I became always eager to read new posts from the blogs that I follow because they are helping me with my religion and inspires me a lot.
10. Which country are you from?
Pearl of the Orient but I am living now in Saudi Arabia (for 6 years).
11. What du’a do you seem to make the most?
I am asking a lot of du’a but most of the time I am asking Allah not to let my heart deviate from the truth after He has guided me and all the muslims.
Also the du’a of Prophet Zakariyah when he was asking a child:
Rabbi hab lee mil-ladunka thurriyatan tayyibatan, ‘innaka Samee’ud-Dua.
Oh my Lord, grant me from You, a good offspring. You are indeed the All-Hearer of invocation.
Thank you for reading! I want to break the rule by not nominating 11 people (because I only know a few and I guess everybody has answered questions already.) HAHA.
I will just post my 11 questions here and it will be my pleasure to be reading your answers!
- What are you currently reading now?
- How are you preparing for Ramadan?
- Where is your ultimate dream place to go?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Do you have a pet?
- What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up?
- What do you think about wearing black abayas?
- What kind of hijabs do you wear?
- Have you experienced or seen a sandstorm?
- Where are you now?